Henry's went into business in 1953. Henry and his wife Mariam opened a diner focused on delicious home cooking that doubled as a service station for automobiles. Madge Knox who made blue ribbon worthy pies worked with Henry and would help put Henry's on the map as a historic staple in Madison County.
In 1985, Chester Bennett purchased Henry's. Keeping with tradition he continued to make the same delicious pies that Henry's had become known for. Chester wanted to keep a place where the community could come and enjoy a nice home cooked meal with a warm and friendly family environment to eat it in. Within the time Chester had owned Henry's they received many awards and honors. Henry's was even featured in TIME magazine and US Weekly along with numerous other traveling and food publications.
In January 2017, Chester Bennett would pass down Henry's to his son Brent and Brent's fiance Bobbie Gaul. Like Chester they to wanted to carry on history and keep Henry's a comfortable place to enjoy comfortable dining. Brent and Bobbie continue to make the same amazing pies and pour their hearts into something they are both passionate about. In their short time as owners Brent and Bobbie have made improvements to the bar, dining room and kitchen areas. New menu items have also been introduced along with delicious new flavors of pies.
Come on in to Henry's and enjoy the best pie Madison County, Ohio has to offer!